Grant Guidelines for U.S. Organizations
Proposals should include the following:
- A copy of your organization’s Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit status exemption letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- A complete copy of your organization’s most recent 990 Form and audited financial report.
- A list of your organization’s current (last 12 months) business contributions and foundation grants, including level of support.
- We have an interest in administrative costs. Please indicate what percentage of your organization’s income goes towards achieving its mission.
Provide concise (1-2 pages) narrative proposal including your organization's mission, organizational nd program descriptions, geographic reach, community needs, and projected use of requested funds.
Your request should include appropriate backup material, i.e., budget, schedules, population reached, projectedoutcome/solutions, etc.
If your organization has received a grant from the Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Charitable Foundation in the past, a brief update would be appreciated.
For U.S. organizations, the Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Charitable Foundation will only fund organizations that are tax exempt public charities under Sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1), (2), and (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Charitable Foundation accepts applications for grants at any time, with priority given to proposals submitted before September 30 th , but will limit grants to a particular organization to once per calendar year. Organizations will not be automatically considered for funding the following year; proposals with updated attachments must be resubmitted.
The Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Charitable Foundation does not support the following:
- Grants to individuals
- Programs with political, fraternal, sectarian or religious purposes
- Capital campaigns
- Reductions of debt